Top Money Tips for Malaysians is being translated into Malay language. Last month, Iâ€™ve put up a poll to ask your feedback whether I should include my photo on the cover design.
Thanks for your feedback
Most of you said that I should go ahead. Just put up the picture because
- Most author do so, why not?
- It shows that I am a â€œrealâ€ person
- It is easy to recognize when I publish new books in the future
- It gives a personal feel, more bonding to the readers
- It is a great publicity
- It is the perfect time to reveal myself
However, some readers did give me very constructive feedbacks of not putting up the picture reasoning that:
- People wonâ€™t care about how I look
- Because it is a translation, I should keep the cover in tact.
- I am not famous. Donâ€™t fool myself.
- The cover design may not be attractive if there is big picture of my face
There are more than 200 votes from you.
72% voted â€œYesâ€
28% voted â€œNoâ€
Therefore, the decision is pretty easy to be made. I decided to include my picture on the cover. But it wonâ€™t be a very big picture showing all the defects on my face (sorry that I didnâ€™t allocate any budget for facial care). Instead, there will be a small picture printed on the back cover.
Thanks a lot for your participation in the poll and I learnt a lot from your comments.
I will post the finalized cover design here soon.