Today, iPhone 8 is launched and the world is losing it! Some are getting hyped over the new features and sleek layout after checking out the photos on Apple’s official website. However, there is still no news on when it will be coming to Malaysia.
How Much is iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X?
According to the announcement by Apple, the new iPhone series is priced according to the following tiers:
iPhone 8 Prices in USD
64 GB – US$699
256 GB – US$849
iPhone 8 Prices in MYR
64 GB – RM2940.69 (as at 13th Sep, 2017)
256 GB – RM3571.74
iPhone 8 Plus’ Prices
64 GB – US$799
256 GB – US$949
iPhone 8 Plus’ Prices in MYR
64 GB – RM3361.39 (as at 13th Sep, 2017)
256 GB – RM3992.44
iPhone X Prices in USD
64 GB – US$999
256 GB – US$1149
iPhone X Prices in MYR
64 GB – RM4202.79 (as at 13th Sep, 2017)
256 GB – RM4833.84
New Features of the Latest iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X
iPhone New Specs:
- Three new models including two minor “S” upgrades and an all-new flagship
- Curved, edge-to-edge OLED display with True Tone technology and/or Ion-X glass
- Virtual home button
- Facial recognition alternative to Touch ID
- “Wireless” charging (i.e. inductive charging) and/or faster USB-C charging
- Dual-lens camera, possibly in a vertical configuration
- AR capabilities featuring rear-facing 3D laser for enhanced depth perception
- Support for the Apple Pencil
- Stainless steel and glass body
- Multiple color including a reflective, mirror-like finish
- Upgraded storage and memory, possibly starting at 64GB and 3GB of RAM
- Intel or Qualcomm modem
- iOS 11 (preview)
- Enhanced water resistance or waterproofing
- Higher quality earpiece for louder, clearer audio
- Apple’s next-generation processor (the A10X or A11)
After sorting out the things you can afford for the price of an iPhone 7 and Samsung S8 in Malaysia here, we want to help you clarify the goods or services you can afford for the price of a basic iPhone 8 and advanced iPhone 8 (most expensive tier).
What Can You Afford for the Price of An iPhone 8?
Based on the US pricing, we have made some adjustments and predict the starting prices for the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X to be RM3,199, RM3,599 and RM4,399 respectively. With that, we want to give you a picture of the things you can afford for the price of an iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X.
Disclaimer: The prices stated here are based on estimation and prediction. Adjustments will be made from time to time based on the latest news and insights.
The Cheapest iPhone 8 Is Selling At RM3,199
The Price For The Cheapest iPhone 8 Plus Is RM3,599
Price of The Cheapest iPhone X is RM4,399
Not that we have anything against an iPhone, if you have been using an old smartphone for several years and need a new one, go for it! However, you might want to calm down and think over buying one impulsively if you cannot afford another easy payment plan.
Want to know when will the new iPhone 8 reach Malaysia and the best ways to buy one? Remember to stay tuned to CompareHero blog to get the latest insights!
This article first appeared on CompareHero.my’s iPhone 8 and iPhone X Are Here And Here is How Much They Cost.
For more ways to save money and a complete overview of comparisons for credit cards, personal loans and broadband plans, visit CompareHero.my today!