This is a guest post by a philantrophist tycoon, Mr. Koon Yew Yin. You can read about his recent stock recommendation here.
This content is the speech during DAP dinner on 30th April 2011.
1. I am not a politician. But I know politics is very important because it affects you and your children. I want to help you win the coming election. I have already donated Rm 100,000 during your last dinner to celebrate Lim Kit Siang’s 70th Birthday, a few months ago.
I put my money where my mouth is. Many people would grumble and complain about B N government’s corruptions, abuse of power and Chinese cannot get university places and also employment in the civil services, etc but they dare not come forward to support Pakatan Rakyat to change the Government.
I hope my coming forward openly will encourage many people to show support. Your party needs money and I hope you all will donate as much as you can afford.
2. You must bear in mind that the population of the non Malays is relatively small, even all non Malays vote for the P R and without Malays winning some seats, Pakatan Ryakyat cannot control the Perak State Government or Putra Jaya. After tonight’s dinner, I would like each of you to make a serious effort to make friend with at least one Malay and convince him to vote for PR.
3. I wish to remind you that in the last Gen Election, PR won control of Perak, but lost control because a few frogs jumped over to BN. On your table you will read my article ‘Restore democracy to Perak: appeal to Sultan Aslan Shah’, but the Sultan did not dissolve the State Assembly as I requested. In the next election, you must make sure we can win a lot more seats to regain control.
4. Many of you would have heard about UTAR in Kampar rejected my Rm 30 M donation offer to build hostels to help students because the MCA leaders who own the land outside the University campus do not want me to disturb their very profitable rental business. There are 12,500 students and each of them pays Rm 200 per month and the total monthly rental income is about Rm 2.5 million or Rm30 m a year. They cannot build fast enough to cater for the yearly students increase. Remember the greedy MCA leaders will continue to suck your blood.
5. MCA has been in the BN government since Merdeka more than 54 years ago. Did MCA ever dare to criticise UMNO to protect non Malays’ interest? Now the World Bank has reported 2 days ago that a large number of non Malayshave migrated to Singapore, UK, Australia etc due to unfair treatment. 4 of my 5 children have gone out of the country to find work. I am sure some of you and your friends have children migrated overseas simply because we are called ‘PENDATAN’, visitors.
6. I have given scholarships to 80 poor students whose parents are earning less than Rm 2,000 per month. If you know of any poor parent who needs scholarships please contact my assistant Dr. Jeffrey Yee, 012-5286696. He graduated with a PhD from Cambridge, He will address you in Mandarin.
Koon Yew Yin
DAP dinner speech on 30th April 2011
I seldom post article that relates to politic issue. But this guest post make a lot of “financial sense”. Share it on Facebook if you think it will be beneficial to Malaysians.