Receiving regular streams of rental income is definitely the most significant reward of being a landlord. This is especially true if you have already built one heck of a sizeable property portfolio yourself.
When it comes to filing income tax, one of the key consideration is: ‘How do we file in rental income from letting out our properties in Malaysia?’.
In the following webinar, Mr Teng Kong Yang, a qualified accountant shared:
- The various types of tax submission form in Malaysia
- What is statutory rental income?
- Should you treat the payment from tenants as ‘rental income’ or ‘business income’?
- What are the expenses that I can use to deduct from my rental income?
- How do you declare rental income as a joint owner of a property
- Personal tax planning (tax relief and documentation)
- Complete the relevant exercise in the PWM Personal Finance Workbook