Q & ACategory: InvestmentMalaysia Income Tax for Full Time Trader
Ken asked 2 years ago

Hi, may i know how to file for income tax as full time stock trader? For example, if i make 20000 USD in my foreign broker account, but i withdraw 10000 USD only to my Malaysia Bank account. Should i report 20000 USD or 10000 USD as my taxable income?

1 Answers
KCLau Staff answered 2 years ago

Hi Ken,
Capital gain from stocks is not taxable in Malaysia.
However, if you trade full-time, and frequently, you can consider to treat this as a business source of income.
When it is a business source income, you can deduct expenses like your home office, utilities etc.
You can hire an accountant to do the accounting and file the taxes accordingly.