The EPF plays a crucial role in ensuring the financial well-being of all of its contributors, especially employees. So if you are an employee, you must know your rights to your EPF monies. Meanwhile, as an employer, it would be a noble act to contribute to your employee’s retirement fund and fulfil your EPF obligations.
Ms Voon Su Huei, Principal Associate of Thomas Philip, shared what employees and employers can do to ensure all rights and obligations are fulfilled. Highlights of our discussions are as follows:
- Who is an Employer / Employee?
- Personal Liability of Directors of a Company
- Offences under the EPF Act 1991
- How to recover unpaid EPF contributions?
- Best Practices for employers and employees