What is the secret sauce to successful investing?
Do they involve:
– the ability to time the market?
– having stock tips and recommendations?
– dumb luck?
After learning from successful investors and being investors for years, we would say – “None of the above”. We don’t know about market timing. We couldn’t be bothered about tips and recommendations. And, we believe that “luck” may be helpful in the short run. But for the long-term, “luck” could only bring you “that far”.
Often, what works better is for investors to
– have a system that is replicable
– improve on the system via continuous learning
Here, Ian Tai, my partner at KCLau.com and also the Co-Founder of DividendVault.com, presented an actual case study on a stock that he invested in. Of which, we would cover:
– How to Do Peer-to-Peer Comparison?
– The Fine Art of Stock Valuation
– The Best Response to a Stock Price Fall after purchasing it.