I previously wrote about liquidating the junk for cash. Recently I found a friend who is so good at making hand made greeting cards, I would like to help her by making this easy guide on how to sell at eBay. If you do it right, you will make some money without even need to pay any fees.
- Start with ebay.com.my – If you are staying in Malaysia, you should probably start selling at ebay.com.my instead of eBay.com. The reason is that eBay Malaysia doesn’t charge seller for listing items. There is no transaction fees also for successfully sold items. Since it is free, there are a lot of scams going on there. Sometimes you will get joy bidders bidding on your item. Sometimes you will be asked to ship your item to Africa, which is always an internet scam. However, eventually you will still get some sincere buyer. I suggest that you learn everything about eBay Malaysia before moving on to sell at eBay international sites.
- Register an account – Go to Ebay Malaysia homepage. Click the register button. Fill in all the information required and you will receive a confirmation email.
- Start listing and sell!– After your verify your email, you can start selling straight away. Here are a few tips as a starter to create better item page:
- Item title – use CAPITAL letter for some important words. But don’t use it excessively. You can also add some symbols which makes the title stand out. Example: —Handmade BIRTHDAY CARD exclusive!–
- Item description – Don’t type plain text into the text box. Use html code. If you don’t know about html, just create proper description with Microsoft Words or other word writing program. Then save it as a html files. Open the file with your internet browser such as IE or Firefox, and view the source code. Copy it and paste the entire code as the description. The information you should include in the description: Product details, main selling point, unique features, payment method, and shipping method.
- Download the template I use and modify from there – formula-one-f1-birthday-card-transform-malaysia.htm
- Add picture – You must insert at least one picture showing clearly of the product you are selling.
I think you will face no trouble with the rest of the information required for pricing and duration. Double check your listing before confirm. After your listing ended with or without bidder, you will receive an email from eBay Malaysia. Email your buyer and and remember: always wait until the payment is cleared before shipping the item.
After gaining some experience with eBay, you might want to move on to Lelong.com.my and eBay International for a larger market.
For more information about selling at eBay, I recommend that you read these articles:
Wikihow: How to sell on eBay
7 Tips for Selling on eBay
If there is any other things that you want to know, please feel free to ask in the comment section. Happy Selling!
70 replies to "Easy Guide to Sell at Ebay Malaysia"