This post is contributed by Relax from The Wise Curve
Would you pay RM 1200 for a concert ticket?
I was excited to hear that my favourite singer is coming to Malaysia to perform. What shocked me is the price for the concert ticket, which ranges from RM 253 to RM 1203! Thatâ€™s far more expensive than Rihannaâ€™s concert ticket. Surprisingly, the ticket sale is at hot selling status. Many people still rush to buy the tickets despite the insanely high price. Hereâ€™s the detail of this concert.
With RM 1200 I can buy 3 or 4 mountain bikes. Even the intangible value such as life time experience wonâ€™t cost so much. Perhaps a gondola ride in Venice for 100 Euro per half-and-hour is more worthy than this. I can imagine a whole lot of rich millionaires rushing to buy such concert tickets because only they can afford to burn money like this.
The performance is definitely excellent and here are some expected goodies in it:
1. Itâ€™s the first world tour concert that uses holographic technology.
2. The singer does her own stunt in mid air.
3. Super vocal and dance performance,
4. Top quality costumes.
5. Superior lighting technology with smoke and light of various color combinations.
6. Many wonderful songs.
7. Most likely VVIPs will be there, such as the Prime Minister and Yang Dipertuan Agong.
Itâ€™s definitely a festival of eye and ear candy but Iâ€™m puzzled why people still buy super-priced tickets in a time where the world is facing economic problems. Maybe I should get the cheapest ticket (RM 253)? Duh!