I did some research on the internet about unit trust companies in Malaysia. Here is the summary of everything you might be interested.
For the history of units trust, visit FMUTM website.
History of Unit Trusts
Malaysia introduced the unit trust concept relatively early compared to its Asian neighbours, when, in 1959, a unit trust was first established by a company called Malayan Unit Trust Ltd.
Learn more about unit trust
You can read my unit trust related articles. I highly recommend that you read these articles before doing any investment in unit trust:
Invest unit trust online
Fundsupermart provides regular investment update in the form of weekly email newsletter and quarterly magazine only to their investors.
1. To check on the current unit trust fund prices daily, the best resource is The Star online. Click here and you will get the most recent prices.
2. You can also visit Signal Invest for the latest fund prices.
Latest Performance Update and Investor’s Tools
1. For the latest unit trust performance, update, return of 1 year, 3 years, 5 years and also the ranking, you can refer Personal Money magazine Fund Performance Ranking Tables published monthly. They only provide the table in their physical paper magazine. Subscribe for your convenience.
2. Search the awards and rating of the local unit trust fund at www.lipperleaders.com.
3. To compare funds from different fund house, such as the service charges, management fees, trustee fees, investment strategies, fund manager etc., click here. You can compare up to 3 funds from different fund houses.
4. You can also use a fund screener to look at all the available funds in certain categories, such as equity, balanced, bond etc.
5. To search for a certain fund, use this Fund library. The funds are divided into categories and also unit trust companies.
6. I recommend that you use an online unit trust fund monitoring system. The only one available now is provided by Signal Invest. They are offering Early Bird Promo: RM99 per year. Just sign up to have the free 14 days trial. Refer my review about SignalInvest Personal online service: How to monitor unit trust portfolio using Signal Invest
7. For advanced unit trust agents who need to monitor clients’ investment, you can sign up a special online service at Signal Invest which provides 14 days free trial with capabilities of monitoring up to 50 clients’ data.
To check the fund performances and daily prices, you should go to the individual unit trust company websites. Most of the companies provide fund prospectus download on their website.
Below are all the links: