When it comes to money or finance, information or knowledge is powerful. We make decisions about our personal finance based on what knowledge or information we possess. Information does not come freely to us and most of the time, we have to do our own research and studies either to enhance what we already know or to learn something totally new.
Luckily for us in this Information Age, there are many people willing to make the effort and share their knowledge, experience and opinion about money or finance through blogging. There are many blogs to choose from and depending on one’s preference, several will become personal favorites. I checked a Malaysian web directory, blogmalaysia.com to see how many blogs there are dealing with finance and found 67 blogs listed (as of writing) under the heading “Economy & Finance.” Another directory you can check is allmalaysia.info, search “finance” or “personal finance.” There are quite a number of blogs listed either in English or Bahasa Melayu. However, I did find some blogs that are no longer active.
Out of the many blogs easily accessible, I have picked out several as listed below (in no particular order) which I find interesting and informative for my own reading (in addition to KCLau). It all depends on what information you wish to learn and then choose the blogs you want to focus on.
- www.meshio.com (A Malaysia personal finance blog)
- www.nil2million.com (Make money tips and personal finance for everyone)
- Malaysiapersonalfinance.blogspot.com (Malaysia personal finance)
- Knowthymoney.blogspot.com (Money & opportunities are abound. Are you ready to grab it?)
- Financialrich.com (Financial freedom. Wealth building, retire early, personal money, financial planning, saving)
- Financialindependent.blogspot.com (Journey to become financially independent)
- www.mypennysense.com (Penny sense. It’s all about smart money management)
- www.wangtool.com (In WangTool.com, we learn and share on how to improve our personal finance management skill)
- www.financialplanningmalaysia.com (A weblog about sensible approach to personal financial planning, principle-centered investing and wealth building)
- belanjawan.com (Your financial health discussion portal. Provides a platform for discussion on healthy budgeting and how to overcome debts)
- www.alantanblog.com (Discover the road to financial freedom. Insider ideas to manage your personal finances so you will be more wealthier and happier)
- www.cashcolor.com (A personal finance blog)
- Moneymagnet2.blogspot.com (Financial planning, investment, saving, budgeting, retirement, estate planning)
- 1-million-dollar-blog.com (Personal finance and investment blog)
- www.klmarket.com (Top bursa Malaysia & finance blog)
- www.ivaluenews.com (Personal finance, personal financial planning, debt management)
All these blogs provide endless reading material for me and there are many more great blogs out there providing useful information about money or finance. All you need to do is find the time to research, then learn and benefit from them. The people behind the blogs deserve to be acknowledged for working hard to provide the rest of us with useful contents that would certainly boost a person’s financial knowledge.
Which blogs do you find useful and meet your preference? What information do you wish to learn about the most?